Thursday, February 5, 2009

Derrida? More like Derri-duh!

I just finished the Derrida reading that I was assigned to read for tomorrow. I started Monday. I read 30 pages every day. I rapped the last four pages aloud to myself. Here is a list of the words I had to look up:
invagination
exergue
ternary
lemmatic
stela
mediacy
copula
hypotyposis
Dasein
callistics
architectonics
prolegomenon
sachem
supererogatory
quoins
equivocity
aleatory
syntagm
appurtenant
striction
involution
involucrum
conceptacle
embouchure
cise
sublation
irruption
noumenal

Spell check does not recognize most of them.

1 comment:

Ms. B said...

I feel your pain; apparently one of Lady Gaga's influences is Derrida (this is according to an interview my Languate and Literary Theory professor read however).

I can't find any evidence that this is true, but apparently her 'rebirth' at the Grammies is related to something Derrida once referred to... Do you have any thoughts on her recent appearnce in an Egg?